Friday 7 September 2007

Rio



Well guess where I find myself? Rio is everything that you can imagine, I can see myself being here for the next week at least. Went up to Cristo Redentor today, better know as Christ the Redeemer. Meet another bloody Aussie (Jason) in the hostel so we went up there with a million other people. Pretty cool though, he doesn't look as big as he does from the TV box, but definitely impressive.

Anyway left Sao Paulo at lunchtime yesterday and had a pretty interesting trip. Got talking to this Brazilian women (more like she got talking to me) and that managed to pass the time. Her little girl who must of been all of 5 was a cute little thing. She did this little samba dance, just couldn't imagine an Aussie girl doing the same. Arrived at the bus station in Rio after getting caught in this massive traffic jam, we hardly moved in an hour. The bus station was pretty dodgy and darkness had set in, but my friend directed me to the right bus, so I was at the hostel in Botafogo 30 minutes later.

Hitting the bars tonight in Lapa with some of the hostel tonight, things don't kick off till after 12 so I've got a feeling it's going to be a late night!

No comments: