Monday 24 September 2007

Happy to leave Rainy Posadas


Well, I can't write too much about Buenos Aires, cause I've just arrived, but I feel very happy to be here all the same. Posadas wasn't a great idea, I should of just headed here from the beginning, but how was I to know that Posadas would be a shithole, where it constantly rained, and it was like a ghost town on Sunday. The only thing missing was tumbleweed flying through the street. I got a very dodgy deal from the hotel the save me with their shed from a night sleeping in the streets. Paid 1 night which included some basic Spanish lessons, and a bike tour of the town with her son. I enjoyed that, but the price of 150 pesos was the same as what I've just paid for a week in the hostel in Buenos Aires..but we learn. I kind of felt I owed them something, but 150 isn't exactly going to break the bank anyway.
The good part of this story, the 12 hours from Posadas was spent in the best bus that I've ever travelled, and that is saying something. I'm not bragging, but my ass has spent a hell of a lot of time on buses! The bus had nearly fully reclining seats, plenty of room, provided hot food, beer and champagne and movies in English with Spanish subtitles. This bus wasn't even the best bus that you can get...you can get seats that go completely vertical, basically like what you see in first class on a plane. The next long trip I do, I think I will give one of those bad boys a try because it only about 20 pesos more for that comfort.
Still feeling very jaded, didn't really sleep, actually feel like I'm on a boat at the moment writing this. There was a guy that decided to snore in my ear for the trip, so I didn't get much sleep, I think I need to invest in some earplugs! Anyway, you will be here plenty of stuff about Buenos Aires in the coming days.

No comments: