Thursday 13 September 2007

No mores buses

So I left Rio yesterday, got told that there was a bus going to Florianopolis (Floripa) @ 4.30pm, and I would get there about 16 hours later. Obviously the great thing about travelling is that things never work out as they are planned. All the buses were booked out heading there to Floripa, and my next possible destination, Iguacu Falls, all the buses had already left for the day. My first thought was going back to the hostel, but I quickly dismissed that idea, I was leaving Rio. My next move was to pull out the trusty Bible (Lonely Planet - South America on a Shoestring) and work out another destination. Anyway, I found that a place called Curibita was on the same way as Floripa, so I went up and found out the bus was leaving at 8pm that night. Anyway, got talking to this Brazilian guy who was from Floripa, who was in the same boat as me. worked out very well, after nearly 24 hours on 4 buses we are here. Great place, so relaxed, completely different than Rio & Sao Paulo. My Brazilian mate is a good bloke, can't remember his bloody name, typical of me. It's great, he gets to practise his English and I get to benefit from his Portuguese, it works for both of us. Cheers from Floripa!

No comments: