Tuesday 2 October 2007

Montevideo


Decided to leave BA for a few days, with Uruguay only a 3 hour ferry ride, it was a great place to visit. Left the hostel with a couple of Israelis that I met at the hostel. Yesterday was spent in Colonia de Sacremento...it's meant to be a pretty little town, and probably is, but yesterday it absolutely pissed down, so that kind of distracted from the place.
Anyway, enough was enough, so a 2 hour bus ride later and we were in Montevideo, the place where despair and jubilation has been felt by Soccer supporters from OZ over the last 8 years. I made sure that I was wearing my rain jacket when I got off the bus...didn't want to get hit by any saliva like the Socceroos...anyway, there was no need to worry. Uruguay is a sleepy little country, there was just grass and a few cows from Colonia, not really any towns to speak of.
Montevideo isn't the prettiest city, it has loads of crumbling building, more banks in a city than I've ever seen before, but it does have some charm, just can't put it into words.

No comments: