Saturday 13 October 2007

Cuzco


What a cool city Cuzco turns out to be. If you have any images of what Peru is like..Lamas, women walking around with the funny hats, a baby strap to her back with a bright cloth, and Internet cafes everywhere...oh well, we can't be too authentic in this day and age.
I haven't done a great deal so far, I have walked around checking the sights. The main square has a couple of amazing looking churches. Cuzco has even more taxis than Lima..every 8 cars that pass seem to be a one..and they are bloody cheap, 3 soles anywhere in town.
I'm feeling a lot better now, I think I have managed to beat the bug that was in my system in Lima. Tonight will be the first day since Thursday that I will eat 3 meals in a day...I'm actually bloody hungry at the moment which is a good sign.
I'm staying in this great little guest house at the moment, it a cool little place, I have my own room with double bed, cable and bathroom. It great value 7 bucks, but it's a bugger to meet anyone, so I might have to leave and move into a hostel soon. The family that run it are so nice though, so I will leave with some difficulty!
I'm so glad I'm not in England at the moment, I watched the rugby today, I can't believe the French didn't win...bloody hell, the Poms better not win! I'm a massive Puma or Springbok fan for next week. I just won't be able to watch it..I will have just finished the Inca trek to Machu Pichu...oh well...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey man. Great blog! Good to hear you sorted your guts out before the Inca Trail. I had exactly what you had when I was there, only it hit me on the second day into the hike, like when you pass the highest point on the trail... I was the guy in the bushes fighting the good battle on both fronts(uuggh!). The poor Aussie guy that had to share a tent with me that night! But yeah, this English dude I met in Bolivia told me that the hats that all the women rock there started from a Brit who came over looking for a market in which to hock a bunch of derby hats he couldn't sell once they had gone out of fashion in the UK. I'm not sure he got rich off the endeavour necessarily but the hats did seem to catch on huh?
Cuidate Davos!