Friday 12 October 2007

Lima


Only spent 1 day in Lima, wanted to give myself enough time in Cuzco to acclimatize, the city is pretty high up, so they say you should give yourself a few days in the city before you do anything hectic, and after the food poisoning, and the Inca trek to come on Wednesday, I thought sooner the better.
Lima is an interesting city from what I saw, which wasn't a lot. They have some very cool old churches in the centre, but in front of these they had riot police, tanks with sub machine attached to the front and loads of police just roaming the street. God knows what happens, but maybe they like a protest like the Argies.
Lima also has more taxis then you can poke a stick at, half the cars on the road are taxi. Anyone can be one, supposedly you can pick up the taxi plastic sign at a market, so if your short of a few bob, you can take your car out and earn a few extra soles.
Decided to catch a plane this morning at 5.50am to Cuzco, it only cost $71US, so I though what the hell, it saved a 30 hour bus ride and I was here 1 hour later.
Besides this, my small backpack is falling apart, it got caught on the bus from the airport to the plane in Buenos Aires, which is a bugger. I should be able to get it fixed for a good price over here anyway.
One last thing, I have to be touching some wood whilst I'm saying this because I'm sure I'm going to lose something soon. I don't know how many times I've dropped something, or left something behind before someone runs up giving me the paper, passport, camera or ipod back.

1 comment:

Zuffiholt said...

hey dude,

good call on the flight rather than bus. heard stories from the folks recently and they are glad they flew as well. also, make sure you try and hike as much as you can up the trail and not catching the bus half way up, heard lots of hidden gems on the way.

keep posting and adding video.... wish we could do this in Canada.... amazing what you can do with technology these days!

keep it real