Saturday 3 November 2007

Copacabana & Isla del Sol

I have really enjoyed the laid-back feel that Copacabana offers, definitely not like the impression one get from hearing about Bolivia..but I'm sure that will change latter in the afternoon when I arrive in La Paz. Yesterday I ventured to Isla del Sol, which is an Island 2hr away from Copacabana. I was meant to go with with Mark, but he is really struggling with a stomach bug, he could hardly move yesterday. The Island was pretty enough, all I basically did was walk from the North point of the Island to the South, which was a 3hr leisurely walk, and had some some with myself. There was a few Inca ruins on the way, but nothing too special after the stuff near Cusco in Peru.
Last night I had Mexican at a place down the road, pretty tasty stuff..with a set menu with 5 courses for only 25 Bolivianos. Got talking to a guy from Belgium called Dimitri who was pretty cool. He's about to cruise into Argentina and then cycle 1300km to the bottom tip of South America, Ushuaia. If only I had an extra month on my trip!

No comments: